Update: Wow! I’ve received a ton of responses to my request for beta testers. Thank you all! The SQL Community is really amazing. ما هو الكازينو I’ll hopefully have the new version online in just a few days. 🙂
Over the last few months, I’ve received many great comments and suggestions regarding my Index Defrag Script v3.0. I’ve just recently had time to implement most of these suggestions, plus some other things that I thought would be useful. 🙂
Here’s some of what you can look forward to shortly:
- Probably the single most requested feature, the new version of the script allows you to set a time limit for index defrags.
- There’s now a static table for managing the status of index defrags. This way, when your time limit is reached, you can pick up where you left off the next day, without the need to rescan indexes. ربح المال مجانا
- There’s now an option to prioritize defrags by range scan counts, fragmentation level, or page counts. ضامة
- For those using partitioning, there is now an option to exclude the right-most populated partition from defrags (in theory, the one you’re writing to in a sliding-window scenario).
- Options such as page count limits and SORT_IN_TEMPDB are now parameterized.
- I’ve enhanced error logging.
- … and more!
Right now, I’m looking for a few folks who are willing to beta test the script. If you’re interested, please send me an e-mail at michelle at sqlfool dot com with the editions of SQL Server you can test this on (i.e. 2005 Standard, 2008 Enterprise, etc.).
Thank you! 🙂